Afghanistan, Al Qaeda, al qaeda terrorists solutions, anti-terrorism solutions, Cricket House Studios, cricketdiane, Extreme Engineering, International Concerns, Khartoum, Osama bin Laden, Pakistan, Reality-based Analysis, Solutions, Sudan, Syria, Taliban
I found this :
Abu Ayyub al-Masri
Successor to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
|Affiliation||Al-Qaeda in Iraq1,2|
|Supervisor||Abu Musab al-Zarqawi|
|Affiliation||Egyptian Islamic Jihad4|
|Affiliation||Mujahideen Shura Council5|
|Alias(es)||Abu Hamza al-Muhajer4, Abu-Hamzah Al-Muhajir, Abu Hamza al-Mujahir, Abu Hamza al-Mohajer|
|Alternate Spelling(s)||Abu Ayoub al-Masri, Abu Ayyub el Masry, Abu Ayyub al-Misri, Abu Ajub al-Masri, Abou Ayyub al-Masri|
|Place of Birth||Egypt1|
|History||Attended training camp in postwar Afghanistan (1990-2001)1|
|Narrative and Notes|
|1 U.S. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, spokesman, Multinational Force Iraq, during a press briefing on June 8, 2006.|
|2 U.S. Central Command press release, ‘Iraqi Interim Government announces arrest warrants, award information.’ Feb. 11, 2005.|
|3 Caldwell, press briefing, June 9, 2006.|
|4 Caldwell, press briefing, June 15, 2006.|
|5 Rewards for Justice page.|
|Photos (left to right): Rewards for Justice; Rewards for Justice|
|Key to bullets|
|Page maintained by John Lumpkin|
[from – ]
My Note –
So, I found that along with about 1000 pages of other stuff concerning the Taliban and Osama bin Laden, etc. – and brainstormed a few thoughts of options, none of which look like three good ideas – but I’m going to offer them because there may be something that inspires something that works:
For Osama bin Laden to be found and disarmed –
It occurred to me that to kill that man would make him a martyr and set off a jihad that would make things worse, however – to find the man who has four wives and a bunch of children would have to be easier than it has been –
* Turn off all electric power to territory then check by infrared satellite photos where there is still power – it would take about a day
* Create a public relations campaign and rumor mill piece that proves Osama bin Laden is dead and he might prove he is not, then a trail of associations that are current would become obvious
* Pakistan? – cut the power and find him by heat signature of generators, cellphone signals, grouping of people and heat of weapons / chemical signatures
* Does he wear clothes or fabrics of a certain kind? They aren’t out there weaving them. Do they have a particular kind of video equipment or need supplies or repair supplies for them? Are they buying them online? There are a limited number of places that sell those or ship them into that area. There are a very limited number of shipping into the area points for that mail – its not like the US mail going out to every house.
* Considering – is there a particular mosque or temple who would house him and his leadership or make connections possible for them?
* Any chance he is inclined to demand Egyptian cotton sheets with a 3000 threadcount because of his lifestyle before adulthood? There is something he demands on having for himself that is unusual and particular to him.
* How to defuse the power of jihad / extremists – but Osama bin Laden precisely –
He has four wives and a number of children. Those wives can’t work – he must support them and their children. He must continually prove his virility or the bastards around him might kill him thinking he has become weak. That is a possibility – to create the “bulls fighting” syndrome” – it still is true that the pack mentality of a tribe involving men will revert to those primal instincts regardless of how educated, technologically sophisticated or religious they may be.
* Challenge the virility of the man through information or prove that he has broken Sharia law and the people around him will fix that situation themselves.
* Also, I noted in my research which is incomplete, at best – that there is a propensity for Al Qaeda and the Osama bin Laden structures that involve him, to be triumvirate. There are three and one is a finance guy / financial structure. Right now, the financial guy appears to be hidden and the money flows having been stopped previously in some operations, that money is still flowing the direction into their hands from somewhere through some set of systems, banks, businesses, people, leadership person.
* It is necessary for them to have funds and resources – they all have to support their wives and children along with the continuing efforts involving their operations. It is coming from somewhere and that could be found with a renewed overview specifically looking for it. Those funding sources need to be stopped. They aren’t manufacturing ammunition right there – whether bullets or parts of whatever else, from diesel fuel to certain foodstuffs.
To take the Taliban, defuse, disarm, disable their ability to cause harm or to destroy them – Afghanistan / Pakistan / Sudan
*Note – I don’t know if anything in this group of ideas has any merit at all – it is purely brainstorming some ideas as possibilities –
1. sound machines that have that funky pitch which disable people during riots
2. massive fans or airboats blowing in front of military forces who are coming into the area to take Taliban strongholds
3. dogs can sniff out their traces of ammunition and weapons uses on people and on their clothing – the Taliban members would automatically have those traces on their hands and clothes which could indicate them among women and children in small villages where they are hiding
4. change the conditions – drop water from flying tankers on them from above – they are used to the dry desert scrub conditions of Afghanistan and Pakistan – neither their weapons, cellphones, laptops and other high-tech goodies, nor their skill sets are prepared for the unexpected drop of water on their equipment and altering their choices of actions – water and mud are not their usual conditions
5. information – I’m sure this has been used to a great extent already, however it is possible to be a lot more helpful with it, including the misinformation about a new product that is more efficient and easier to use that they come to get, to buy, to have, to try to find out about, to send somebody to get, etc. – the other information / misinformation possibilities could relate to simply giving them more information about whatever and adding to what they know in a keenly precise way
6. destroy their supply lines obviously – oil, diesel, gasoline, (foods), ammunition, chemicals, whatever else they are dependent on having – alter the chemicals available in the area immediately accessible to them so that rather than explosive potential, it becomes a dye cloud or smoke column
7. also – bulls fighting syndrome through misinformation, rumor and released intelligence on their websites that they are relying upon for information
8. lines of fire walls across the sand to protect bases or operations groups / grass seeding? with the spray-coated fertilized seeds across scrub areas of the foothills for both surprise effects and the possibilities of changing the environment, impacting the believers and impressing the combatants on the degree to which our forces can change the immediate environment to suit themselves (that mentality about it actually has a number of options that could work whether the ghost vehicles for them to shoot or hit out of the Hollywood staging mentality and / or stopping car suicide bombers with cannons shooting foam until they are quickly covered in it, or mud, or fire retardant, or pasty muck of some kind)
9. sleeping gas fog – then go take up all the weapons –
10. tesla machine lightning (that would be pretty scary to see in the desert or foothills)
11. interrupt their cellphone satellite relays
12. conscription of all males in the country into Afghan army or Pakistan army where they would be required to come, register and be drafted into the fight against the Taliban – if they don’t, they could be assumed to be Taliban
13. blow sand into huge mounds or bring some company into the area to strip mine it for some chemical or mineral and it will change the dynamic of the situation
14. foaming soap, soap bubbles could be used against Taliban camps or area villages where there are women and children they are hiding among. It would change the possibilities of going into the area and keeping civilians safe while disabling Taliban members, their weapons and their abilities.
15. Take all women and children to Kabul and get them out of the action entirely in a massive campaign to ensure their safety.
My Note –
If I think of anything else, I’ll add it. I was going to put some of the research that I had done, but it is over a thousand pages and probably is not anything that is already known anyway, but maybe.
Operation Rahe Rast
Main article: Second Battle of Swat
On May 5, the third phase of the operation started as troops stormed the militant-held valley of Swat. The name of this sub-operation of Black Thunderstorm has been referred to as Operation Rah e Raast in Urdu (the name of the whole operation is Rahe Rast never was Thunderstorm!!). In more than a month of fighting, by June 15, 106 soldiers and 1,040 militants were killed. Militant fighters were holed up in the emerald mines and in the main town of Swat district, Mingora. The mines were secured by the Army by May 7, but the militants were still holding their positions in Mingora and on a strategic hilltop overlooking the town. Meanwhile, on May 7, in Lower Dir, which was previously declared clear of the Taliban by the military, militants overran a paramilitary fort killing three paramilitary soldiers and capturing 10 policemen. On May 10, troops attacked a Taliban training camp at Banai Baba in Shangla district, which is just east from Swat. In the fighting at Banai Baba the military reported killing 150 militants for the loss of two soldiers. At the same time as the fighting in Shangla, some sporadic fighting was still continuing in Lower Dir where, over four days, 109 more militants were killed. Also, further west, in the Mohmand agency, a group of 300 militants attacked a military outpost, in the fighting that ensued 26 militants were killed and 14 soldiers were wounded. On May 12, Pakistani commandos were inserted by helicopters into the Piochar area, a rear-support base for the militants, in the northern part of the Swat valley to conduct search-and-destroy operations.
By May 15, the Army claimed that Buner was finally completely cleared of Taliban forces, however artillery bombardment of Taliban positions in the hills was still ongoing.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (Arabic: حركة الجهاد الإسلامي, meaning The Islamic Struggle Movement) (HuJI) is a Sunni Islamic fundamentalist paramilitary organization most active in South Asian countries of Pakistan, Bangladesh and India since the early 1990s. It was banned in Bangladesh in 2005.
HuJI or HJI was formed in 1984 by Fazalur Rehman Khalil and Qari Saifullah Akhtar, as the first Pakistan-based jihadist outfit, during the Soviet-Afghan War. Khalil later broke away to form his own group Harkat-ul-Ansar (HuA), which later emerged as the most feared militant organization in Kashmir. This group would later re-form as Harkat-ul-Mujahideen (HuM), when HuA was banned by the United States in 1997.
HuJI first limited its operations in Afghanistan to defeating the Communists, but after the Soviets retreated, the organization exported jihad to the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir under the patronage of ISI and the Pakistani establishment. HuJI’s footprint was extended to Bangladesh when the Bangladesh unit was established in 1992, with direct assistance from Osama bin Laden.
HuJI, along with other terrorist organizations such as Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), HuM, and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) emerged from the same source, and therefore had similar motivations and goals. However, HuJI and HuM were both strongly backed by the Taliban, and therefore the group professed Taliban-style fundamentalist Islam. HuJI espoused a Pan-Islamic ideology, but it believed in violent means to liberate Kashmir and make it a part of Pakistan.
The group recruited some of its cadres from the Deobandi madrassas of the North-West Frontier Province, however the ethnic composition changed when the recruitment also began from Azad Kashmir, Punjab and Karachi. Most of the recruits were jobless youths, who were searching for some meaning in their lives. Most of the inductions were done by the roaming jihadist cells, who lured the teenagers to so-called religious sermons imbued with the spirit of jihad, from where the process of induction began. Unlike LeT, HuJI did not require its cadres to go through religious education, rather the recruits proceeded to military training in the camps located in Afghanistan and Azad Kashmir.
Plot to overthrow Benazir government
In September 1995, the group’s connection with Islamist elements in Pakistan Army when group’s leader Saifullah Akhtar was implicated in the right-wing coup plot. A customs guard inspection of a car outside Kohat revealed a huge arms cache hidden in the back. Subsequent investigations unearthed huge a conspiracy. Those weapons were directed to Islamist Army officers, Major General Zahirul Islam Abbasi, and Brigadier Mustansar Billah, who had plans to first overthrow the-then Army leadership at the next corps commander meeting and then bring Islamic revolution in the country by taking down the Benazir Bhutto government. Both generals conspired to eliminate the top military and civilian leadership and establish an ‘Islamic dictatorship’ in the country.
Activities in Bangladesh
After the group established its Bangladesh wing, the operations in Bangladesh increased, with the major source of recruitment coming from the Islamic madrassas. The training for these recruits was given in the hilly areas of Chittagong and Cox’s Bazaar.
Later on, members of the group made an attempt on the life of Shamsur Rahman, the liberal poet in January 1999. Committed to establishing an Islamic rule, HuJI was the prime suspect in a scheme to assassinate the Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina in the year 2000, and has been blamed for a number of bombings in 2005. In October 2005, it was officially banned by the government of Bangladesh.
Activities in India
In April 2006, the state police Special Task Force in India uncovered a plot hatched by six HuJI terrorists, including the mastermind behind the 2006 Varanasi bombings, involving the destruction of two Hindu temples in the Indian city of Varanasi. Maps of their plans were recovered during their arrest. Pakistani passports had been in the possession of the arrested.
Militant attacks claimed by or attributed to HuJI
|1999||Bangladesh||Failed attempt to assassinate the humanist poet Shamsur Rahman|
|2000||Bangladesh||alleged failed scheme to assassinate the prime minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina|
|2003||India||Role in Assassination of the former Gujarat Home Minister Haren Pandya.|
|2002 January||India||Terror attack near the American Centre in Kolkata, executed in collaboration with the Dawood-linked mafioso Aftab Ansari|
|2005 June||India||Bombing of the Delhi-Patna Shramjeevi Express at Jaunpur|
|2005||India||Suicide bombing of the headquarters of the Andhra Pradesh Police’s counter-terrorism Special Task Force. A Bangladeshi national, Mohatasin Bilal, had carried out the bombing|
|2006 March||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India||Bombing of the Sankat Mochan temple, which was traced to HuJI’s Bangladesh-based cells|
|2007August 25||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India||25 August 2007 Hyderabad bombings (suspected, but no evidence revealed as of early September)|
|2008May 13||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India||13 May 2008 Jaipur bombings (suspected; evidence pending.)|
|2008July 25||Bangalore, India||2008 Bengaluru serial blasts (suspected; evidence pending.)|
|2008July 26||Ahmadabad, India||2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts (suspected; evidence pending.)|
|2008September 13||Delhi, India||2008 Delhi serial blasts (suspected; evidence pending.)|
|2008September 20||Islamabad, Pakistan||2008 Marriott Hotel bombing (claimed by HuJI; evidence pending.)|
|2008October 1||Agartala, Tripura, India||2008 Agartala bombings (HuJI suspected; evidence pending.)|
|2008October 30||Guwahati ,Barpeta,Kokrajhar,Bongaigaon ,India||2008 Assam serial blasts (HuJI suspected; evidence pending.)|
- ^ a b c d Frontline Pakistan: The Struggle with Militant Islam by Zahid Hussain, Columbia University Press, 2007, page 71.
- ^ http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/JK_may_see_fresh_influx_of_bomb-makers_/articleshow/3480966.cms
- ^ a b c Sudha Ramachandran. ‘PART 2: Behind the Harkat-ul Jihad al-Islami’ Asia Times Online, December 10, 2004
- ^ Frontline Pakistan: The Struggle with Militant Islam by Zahid Hussain, Columbia University Press, 2007, page 52.
- ^ Frontline Pakistan: The Struggle with Militant Islam by Zahid Hussain, Columbia University Press, 2007, page 72.
- ^ Suhrid Sankar Chattopadhyay and Haroon Habib. ‘Challenges in the east’ Frontline magazine, January 17 – 23, 2006
- ^ John Wilson. ‘The Roots of Extremism in Bangladesh’ Terrorism Monitor, January 2005 issue, published by the Jamestown Foundation
- ^ ‘Shamsur Rahman, Bangladeshi Poet, Dies’ The New York Times, August 19, 2006
- ^ Sudha Ramachandran. ‘The Threat of Islamic Extremism to Bangladesh’ PINR – Power and Interest News Report, July 27, 2005
- Zahid Hussain. Frontline Pakistan: The Struggle with Militant Islam, New York: Columbia University Press, 2007.
- Hassan Abbas. Pakistan’s Drift Into Extremism: Allah, then Army, and America’s War Terror, M.E. Sharpe, 2004.
My Note –
I was also taking a look at a bit of this –
After Libyan intelligence operatives were charged with the Lockerbie bombing, Gaddafi tried to distance himself from terrorism. He expelled Abu Nidal, who returned to Iraq where he had planned his first terrorist attack 26 years earlier. The Iraqi government later said Abu Nidal had entered the country using a fake Yemeni passport and was not there with their knowledge, but by 2001, at the latest, he was living there openly, and in defiance of the Jordanian government, whose state security court had sentenced him to death in absentia in 2001 for his role in the 1994 assassination of a Jordanian diplomat in Beirut.
On August 19, 2002, al-Ayyam, the official newspaper of the Palestinian Authority, reported that Abu Nidal had died three days earlier of multiple gunshot wounds in his home in the wealthy al-Masbah neighborhood of al-Jadriyah, Baghdad, where he had lived in a villa owned by the Mukhabarat, the Iraqi secret service.
I will see what else I can find or brainstorm . . . maybe it will inspire some new choices on the menu. ( And, I keep thinking that where BCCI – Bank of whatever – criminals, commerce, etc. – had existed, that something else serving its same purposes has filled its void by now – but what and where is it?)
– cricketdiane 09, (09-08-09)