, , , , , , , , , ,

Here is a list of the real major crimes in America –

(as evidenced by the facts that these are the things police and politicians insist of spending our resources to fix.)

1. not speaking when you are spoken to by a police officer in a manner he or she likes

2. having a broken taillight on a vehicle

3. not having the exact same name on birth certificate, social security card, county records, school records and drivers’ license – whether because one is your married name and one is your maiden name or whatever the reason

4. not keeping the lawn cut down to three inches from the soil

5. illegal parking

6. having a vehicle tag that is one day past getting its current sticker

7. being a woman

8. being a child of a woman

9. being disabled

10. being poor

There are no other crimes which get the attention of the police, law enforcement, detectives, FBI and CIA in the United States – that’s why the 45 children who were good decent human beings were killed in Chicago and that’s why for 18 years, a kidnapped child was kept in the backyard of the jackass who kidnapped her, and that’s why police brutality with every weapon at their disposal is used against ordinary citizens in the ordinary daily course of their lives – while crime, criminality, heinous brutality, violence, domestic violence, murder, robbery, rape and gang violence runs rampant in every place in America. As long as those criminals make sure they have the same name on everything, talk nice to police officers and aren’t a woman, they are allowed to keep on doing whatever they want to anybody for any reason or in fact, for no reason at all, without consequence.

Whose idea of America was that?

– cricketdiane


As was the case with Prohibition during the 1920s and 1930s, the “War on Drugs” initiated by President Richard M. Nixon in 1969 has been marked by increased police misconduct. Critics contend that a “holy war” mentality[10][11] has helped to nurture a “new militarized style of policing” where “confrontation has replaced investigation.”.



Committee Approves Settlement In Police Brutality Suit

Curtis Harris Quadriplegic After Police Use Of Excessive Force, Attorneys Say

POSTED: 4:57 pm CDT October 5, 2009
UPDATED: 12:02 am CDT October 6, 2009

A case of alleged police brutality could soon cost Milwaukee taxpayers $3 million.The common council will consider the proposed settlement to a federal civil rights lawsuit later this month.“Well when you pay $3 million that means you have to admit that your officer committed police brutality,” said Harris’ Attorney Jason Abraham.

A police booking video from December 2003 became a key piece of evidence.Police reports said Harris was drunk, disorderly and uncooperative after he was brought in on an outstanding traffic warrant. In the booking room, officer Kevin Clark claims Harris threw a punch — something Harris denied to 12 News during a 2004 interview.

In the video, Harris can be seen being led over to a desk by officer Kevin Clark. Suddenly Harris is yanked back and thrown to the ground. On his way down, Harris’ head hits a wall.“Ultimately what happens is the officer gets mad, ends up pushing my client toward a booking room desk and then throws him head first into a wall — rendering him a quadriplegic,” said Harris’ Attorney Jason Abraham.

On Monday, the city’s Finance and Budget Committee recommended the city settle for $3 million.12 News contacted Milwaukee’s City Attorney and asked for his input on the possible settlement of the lawsuit. He told us he wasn’t available.“I get depressed from time to time — I try to stay strong — but hopefully one day I’ll walk again,” Harris said a video that is part of a lawsuit against the city.

The common council still has to approve the proposed settlement.A vote on that is scheduled for Oct. 13.Officer Kevin Clark was fired from the Milwaukee Police Department in 2004 after he was accused of snow sledding while on duty, got injured and then tried to cover it up.



Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police
Posted: Dec 03, 2007 10:35 PM EST Updated: Dec 05, 2007 12:35 PM EST
by Michael Schwanke by Michael Schwanke

(Wichita, KS)

Donnell Williams had just gotten out of the bath tub, wearing only a towel around his waist, when he turned the corner to see guns pointing right at him.

“I ain’t never been so scared,” says Williams.

Police forced entry into Williams home while responding to a shooting, but it turned out to be a false call. They had no idea at the time the call wasn’t real and that Williams is hearing impaired. Without his hearing aid he is basically deaf.

“I kept going to my ear yelling that I was scared. I can’t hear! I can’t hear!”

Officers were worried about their own safety because at the time it appeared Williams was refusing to obey their commands to show his hands. That’s when they shot him with a Taser.

Deputy Chief Robert Lee of the Wichita Police Department says, “This one occurred on the worst of calls, that being a shooting. The first few minutes getting control of the scene are very, very important.”

Once the facts were all sorted out, officers repeatedly apologized to Williams. Police wish it never happened, but with the information they had at the time, their choices were limited.

“Do I wish there would have been some way they were notified in advance this gentleman was hearing impaired? I certainly do. No one is happy with the way it worked out,” says Lee.

Williams was not hurt in the incident. Police say the shooting call came from a cell phone but they still don’t know who made it or why.

The case is being reviewed by the department.



My Note –
This man was in his own home, naked without a gun – obviously the police officers could see he was not hiding a gun in nothing more than a towel around his waist. Who trains these sadistic and incompetent excuses for humanity, sticks them in police uniforms and gives them guns and tasers and pepper spray to use on people?

– cricketdiane


MOBILE, Ala., July 28, 2009
Cops Taser Deaf, Mentally Disabled Man
When Man Wouldn’t Leave A Store Bathroom, Alabama Police Used Stun Gun, Pepper Spray

* Photo

(AP / CBS)

* Stories
* Triple Taser: New Gun Can Stun 3 at a Time
* Aussie Bursts into Flames after Tasering

(AP) Police in Mobile, Alabama, used pepper spray and a Taser on a deaf, mentally disabled who they said wouldn’t leave a store’s bathroom.

The family of 37-year-old Antonio Love has filed a formal complaint over the incident on Friday.

Police tell the Press-Register of Mobile that officers shot pepper spray under the bathroom door after knocking several times. After forcing the door open, they used the stun gun on Love.

Police spokesman Christopher Levy says police didn’t realize Love had a hearing impairment until after he was out of the bathroom. The officers’ conduct is under investigation.

The newspaper says the officers attempted to book Love on charges including disorderly conduct, but a magistrate on duty wouldn’t accept the charges.



My Note –

so if you have diarrhea, food poisoning, stomach virus or vomiting in a four foot by four foot closet-sized bathroom in the Dollar General without having committed any crime and fully unarmed – the police in the cities and counties of the United States have a right to taser you multiple times, stick pepper spray on you and in your face and eyes to make you sicker and can shoot you or beat you to death if they want to do that and it is completely justified according to the “authorities” who investigate it. (which means they are okay with that and find it acceptable, in fact, these local authorities are promoting and condoning that level of violence and police brutality against unarmed citizens.) – Are they any different than the Gestapo at that point? Who have they helped, who have they saved, who have they protected? The man was unarmed, deaf and in one of those little store bathrooms. He hadn’t stolen anything, he hadn’t threatened anybody and the only thing he had done was to stay in the bathroom longer than normal because of stomach illness.

– cricketdiane


Ala. Police: Taser Use on Disabled Man Justified
Police defend using pepper spray, Taser on mentally disabled deaf man in Ala. store bathroom

MOBILE, Ala. July 28, 2009 (AP)
The Associated Press

Ala. Police: Taser Use on Disabled Man Justified
(ABC News Photo Illustration)

Officers who used pepper spray and a Taser to remove a man from a store bathroom found out only later he was deaf and mentally disabled and didn’t understand they wanted him to open the door, police said Tuesday.

A spokesman for the Mobile Police Department said the officers’ actions were justified because the man was armed with a potential weapon — an umbrella.

But relatives of Antonio Love, 37, have asked for a formal investigation and said they plan to sue both the police and the store.

“I want justice,” Love’s mother, Phyllis Love, said Tuesday.

The woman said her son hears only faintly, has the mental capacity of a 10-year-old and didn’t realize that it was the police who were trying enter the bathroom.

“He thought the devil was out there trying to get in to get him,” she said.

Antonio Love, in a written statement and in a television interview given in sign language about the confrontation, said he had a badly upset stomach last Friday and went into a Dollar General store to use the restroom.

Police spokesman Christopher Levy said Tuesday store workers called officers complaining that a man had been in the bathroom for more than an hour with the door locked. Officers knocked on the door and identified themselves, but the person didn’t respond.

Officers used a tire iron to open the door, but the man pushed back to keep it shut. Officers saw the umbrella and sprayed pepper spray through a crack trying to subdue the man, Levy said. They shot the man with a Taser when they finally got inside, he said.

Officers didn’t realize Love was deaf or had mental problems until he showed them a card he carries in his wallet, Levy said. He was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct, but officers released him and took him home after a magistrate refused to issue a warrant.

Levy said officers were justified in using force against Love since he had an umbrella.

“The officers really worked within the limits of our level-of-force policy,” he said. “We had no information about who this guy was.”

Phyllis Love said her son, who has worked in the garden department at a Lowe’s store for several years, was scared when he realized someone was trying to get into the bathroom with him. He put water on his face and on the floor after being hit with pepper spray, she said.

“He didn’t know it was a policeman until they busted the door in on him,” she said. “He had a knot on his head from where it hit him.”

Levy said police wish the confrontation had never occurred. The internal investigation will include a review of Love’s complaints that officers laughed at him after realizing he was deaf, he said.

“We’ll make whatever efforts we can to resolve this situation, hopefully so this man will be able to trust police in the future so we can help him. Obviously, it’s going to be a rough road,” he said.


Top 7 ‘Shocking’ Taser Incidents

Did Great Grandmother Deserve to Be Tasered?


Pregnant Woman’s Tasering Probed

Taser Nation: Do Cops Overuse Them?

Tasers Safe? Study Recharges Debate

Police Too Quick to Taser?


Pregnant Woman’s Tasering Probed
FBI, Ohio Cops Investigate Nov. 18 Incident After Complaint Filed
Nov. 29, 2007

The FBI and an Ohio police department are investigating an incident in which a pregnant woman was stunned with a Taser inside the lobby of a police station after refusing to answer an officer’s question and ultimately resisting arrest.

The two investigations began after Richard Jones, president of the Ohio chapter of the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network, called in a complaint to the Trotwood Police Department, Trotwood public safety director Michael Etter told ABC News.

Surveillance video of the incident, which took place on the morning of Nov. 18, shows a woman identified in a police incident report as Valreca Redden, 33, in the lobby of the suburban Dayton police station with her 1-year-old son.

Redden, according to Etter, had come to the police station to ask police to take custody of her child. When officer Michael Wilmer asked why, the woman reportedly would only say that “she’s tired of playing games” with the baby’s father.

“At this point, they had a little more discussion that went nowhere,” Etter said, recounting the incident. “She says, ‘I’m leaving.'”

Etter, who repeatedly emphasized to ABC News that Wilmer had no idea the Valreca was pregnant, said that the officer then explained that she could not leave without further explanation. He took hold of the child with one arm, Etter said, and pushed the woman down with the other.

When a second officer arrived, Wilmer handed over the 1-year-old and attempted to handcuff Valreca. She began to resist, Etter said, at which point he “employed what is called a ‘drive stun'” on the back of her neck.

“If he were to take the baby and have her leave, we don’t know who the baby is,” Etter said. “There’s certain information that he’s responsible for. I think the officer made the right decision in detaining her.” Wilmer remains on duty.

The Taser model used by the Trotwood police force, according to Etter, can either be fired like a gun or pressed against a target to deploy.

Valreca was charged with obstructing official business and resisting arrest. It was not until the woman, wearing a heavy coat, was being checked out by jail staff that officers learned she was pregnant, Etter said. At that point, she was transported directly to the hospital.

Jones, from Sharpton’s National Action Network, called to complain about the incident, claiming that police violated Ohio’s “safe haven” law and that the woman should have been able to simply drop the 1-year-old without questions from police. Etter explained that the state statute applies only to children 72 hours old or younger.

Jones, who did not immediately return a phone call from ABC News, also informed Etter that he would be contacting the FBI, Etter said. Etter did the same, and the FBI has said it will investigate the incident.

For its part, he said, the department wants to see if its Taser policy is proper. “We’re investigating a lot of different things,” Etter said. “But No. 1 is force.”

According to a copy of Trotwood Police Department General Orders, police officers are encouraged to “greatly evaluate each situation with discretion” before using a Taser on a child, elderly person or pregnant woman.

Tianesha Robinson, 33, was pregnant in 2006 when she was jolted by a stun gun in Kansas after she allegedly resisted arrest during a traffic stop. Robinson ultimately had a miscarriage, according to The Associated Press, but doctors could not conclusively link the Taser to the woman losing the baby.

Another woman, Cindy Grippi, delivered a stillborn girl in December 2001 after California police hit her with a Taser. A medical examiner never determined the cause of the child’s death, which could have been traced to the woman’s methamphetamine usage. Still, the city of Chula Vista settled a lawsuit with the woman for $675,000, according to the AP.

Authorities in Utah are probing a recent Taser incident in which motorist Jared Massey was struck by the device after allegedly disobeying an officer’s requests. Massey, who filed a complaint with Utah authorities about the trooper’s use of force, posted the dashboard camera video of the confrontation on YouTube last week. The incident sparked a new round debate.

Canadian officials continue to investigate the case of Robert Dziekanski, a Polish immigrant who died after he was hit by a Taser at the Vancouver International Airport in October. The four police officers involved in that incident, which also was caught on surveillance tape, have since been reassigned to different posts. Eighteen people have died in Canada after being hit with a Taser in the last four years, according to the Canadian federal police.

The human rights organization Amnesty International, which urges more restraint by law enforcement when choosing to discharge the devices, cited 250 cases in the United States in the last six years in which a suspect died after being hit with a Taser. Those statistics, however, do not track whether the shock actually caused the deaths.

Taser International Inc., the company that manufactures Tasers, claims that the device can only be tied to 12 deaths but does recognize that pregnant women are at more risk of danger if hit by one of the devices.



My Note –

You can”t be that stupid, abusive and psychotic and get a job even at MickeyD’s but its okay for some reason to put these same sadistic bastards into a police uniform and give them weapons. And then, when they do something psychotic – the government authorities are covering for them and saying to the public that the citizens’ lives are not important, not valuable and don’t count for anything.

Then what are the police there to do? – what purpose do they serve if people’s lives, health and safety don’t matter to them? Are the police and law enforcement commonly brutalizing people in America because they can or are they part of the last thirty years of Republicans running this country into the ground and creating a police state to do it – just to assure their own what?

What did they really think they would get out of it? – every society in history that has done this kind of cruel, vicious brutality to their people has ultimately been decimated and the powerful “authorities” that caused it, decided for it and supported that brutality have been stripped of that power and wealth.

– cricketdiane


Top 7 ‘Shocking’ Taser Incidents
Grandma, Pregnant Woman, University Student All Felled by Taser-Wielding Cops
July 24, 2009

Police officers often take a lot of flak for their actions after being thrust into volatile situations.

Two officers in Boise, Idaho, are disciplined for Taser use during an arrest.

Department policy often outlines when use of force — from a gun to a baton — is warranted, but the increased use of Tasers has created a grey area where internal investigators often struggle to balance an officer’s right to protect himself and others with the use of high-voltage electricity shot into another person’s body.

Some of the more high-profile uses of Tasers have turned into punch lines or jokes, like the 2007 “Don’t tase me bro!” incident at the University of Florida.

But others, such as this year’s death of a mentally ill man in New York City, can have life-changing consequences for the victims and the officers involved.

Here is a list of some of the most memorable Taser incidents:

No Ifs, Ands or Butts About It — Cops Took Taser Incident Too Far

Two Boise, Idaho, police officers were reprimanded after an investigation concluded excessive force was used on an unidentified man who was shocked in the back and the backside.

But it wasn’t the actual shocks that got the officers in trouble. It was their threats to tase the man in the anus and genitals that raised eyebrows. The man, who claimed the officers thrust the Taser into his nether regions, told the Idaho Statesman that he plans to sue.

Police were called to the scene after a neighbor reported a possible domestic violence dispute.

Great-Grandma Gets What She Asked For

A routine traffic stop got off to a bad start for 72-year-old great-grandmother Kathryn Winkfein.

After being pulled over in Travis County, Texas, in May for driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, Winkfein, captured on the officer’s dashboard camera, refused to sign her ticket. She then got out of the truck, telling Officer Chris Bieze to “give me the f—ing ticket now.”

Bieze can then be seen shoving the woman, something he said was to keep her away from oncoming traffic.

“You’re going to shove me? You’re going to shove a 72-year-old woman?” Winkfein demanded.

Bieze can be heard on the tape warning the woman about a half dozen times that he would tase her if she didn’t stand back, to which she replied, “Go ahead, tase me.”

So he did.

Winkfein was charged with resisting arrest and taken to jail. Bieze’s boss later told reporters that his officer did everything by the book.

Man’s Naked Plunge Leads to Cop’s Suicide

Police in New York City didn’t get off so easily last September when a naked man plunged to his death in Brooklyn after being tased.
Top 7 ‘Schocking’ Taser Incidents
Outrageous use of Tasers makes for great headlines, but people have been killed and officers have been fired when law enforcment takes it too far.
(AP Photo)

Inman Morales, 35, died at a hospital after falling 10 stories. Police had been summoned to the building because Morales had threatened suicide.

When they arrived, Morales crawled out a window and onto a ledge, thrusting an 8-foot-long fluorescent light at officers as he went.

A video of the incident shows an officer raising his stun gun at the man who toppled head first off the ledge, prompting gasps and screams from the crowd below.

The officer who fired the electric shock was placed on desk duty while the NYPD investigated and the lieutenant who ordered the use of the stun gun was relieved of his gun and badge.

That lieutenant, Michael Pigott, shot himself in the head a few days later on Oct. 2.

An NYPD official said after Morales’ death that department guidelines specifically prohibit the use of Tasers when the suspect is in danger of falling from an elevated surface.

No criminal charges were filed in the case.

Cop Obliges Partygoing Teen’s Request for Tase

A rookie Florida cop got a little too Taser-happy at a birthday party he hosted where adults and minors mingled over alcohol.

Eustis Police Department officials said former officer Dan NeSmith, 22, tased 15-year-old Taylor Davis in the back in September after the teen wanted to know what it felt like.

The stunt was caught on camera with the crowd cheering NeSmith on as he placed the Taser along Davis’ spine and counted down. Even as visible electrical currents shoot into the boy, NeSmith holds the Taser on his back until Davis falls forward onto the floor.

NeSmith was found to have violated department policy and on Oct. 8, he was fired from the post he’d held for just 13 months.

Officer Shocked to Find Tasered Lady Pregnant

An Ohio police officer came under fire back in 2007 after a confrontation with a pregnant woman led to the officer tasing the woman in the back of the neck.

Valreca Redden, then 33, had come to the Trotwood Police Department to ask police to take custody of her 1-year-old son, telling officers that she was “tired of playing games” with the baby’s father.

When Officer Michael Wilmer told her she needed to provide more of an explanation, Redden attempted to leave. Wilmer then held the child with one hand and pushed Redden down with the other.

As officers attempted to put handcuffs on the woman, she resisted. That’s when, Trotwood public safety director Michael Etter told ABC News at the time, Wilmer fired a stun gun into the woman’s neck.

It wasn’t until Redden, who was wearing a heavy coat, was examined by jail staff that officials realized she was pregnant.

The Ohio chapter of the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network later called for an investigation by both police brass and the FBI.

According to a follow-up article by the Dayton Daily News, Wilmer was found at fault for the incident. He was dismissed from the force in December 2007 after violating department policy unrelated to the Redden incident.

The paper also reported that Redden was found not guilty on the charges of resisting arrest and obstructing official business.

Father, Newborn Hit the Ground After Taser Strike

New father William Lewis claimed his newborn daughter suffered head injuries in April 2007 after a hospital security guard tased him while Lewis was still holding his little girl.

According to The Associated Press, Lewis and his wife had tried to leave the hospital after becoming upset with the staff, but a wristband on the baby prevented the elevators they were using to leave from operating.

In a video of the incident, Lewis can be seen holding his daughter at the Women’s Hospital of Texas in Houston, pacing while his wife and two security guards stand nearby.

A few moments later, one of the guards — later identified as off-duty Houston Police Officer David Boling — tases Lewis off-camera, causing him and the baby to fall to the ground.

The baby was later placed in state custody because of prior domestic problems between Lewis and his wife, according to the AP, and state officials said she showed no signs of trauma from the incident.

The hospital defended the guard’s actions, saying in a statement that they followed proper procedure.

The Tase Heard ‘Round the World

It’s arguably the most famous use of a Taser. University of Florida student Andrew Meyer yelled out “Don’t tase me bro!” as he was tackled by university police during a September 2007 speaking engagement by U.S. Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.

Meyer had rankled the crowd by refusing to stop firing questions at the senator, including whether or not he’d been a member of the Yale secret society Skull and Bones.

Meyer’s tasering prompted a student protest at the University of Florida and the then 21-year-old became a viral hero after video of the incident hit the Internet. “Don’t tase me bro!” became a popular rallying cry and an instant pop culture staple.

The officers, according to the AP, were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.

The “Don’t tase me bro!” video has nearly 4 million views on YouTube.



My Note –

Because police are public servants and are being paid from our tax dollars and because they are armed civil servants, they should be held to a higher standard of accountability. And, when they use unreasonable force, brutalize people or shoot, taser or beat someone to death, these police officers should be sent to jail as psychotic, deranged killers and either held until they die or they should be electrocuted under the death penalty. Because what they are doing is deranged psychotic and sadistic murder, brutality, violence and crime against the people of the United States and against our communities.

If they were at risk of being hung, electrocuted or killed by lethal injection and facing, at the very least – life in prison until they died naturally – these police and law enforcement officers would not be brutalizing people, abusing the authority of their office and killing people who are unarmed or maiming citizens permanently. They just wouldn’t be doing it because there would be real and personal consequences to them for those actions. And, honestly – the police are the criminals in these situations and they are mentally unstable, mentally ill and acting as tyrants in every sense of it. It isn’t justified.

Anyone who can’t figure out a better way to take scissors away from a mentally and developmentally disabled person than to shoot them – shouldn’t be a police officer and damn sure shouldn’t be armed with anything, certainly not be armed with anything permanently life altering nor with anything that can cause death.

– cricketdiane, 10-09-09


Jan 8, 2009 12:55 am US/Pacific
BART Shooting Protest Turns Violent In Oakland

Joe Vazquez


Related Slideshows

Fatal BART Shooting Caught On Tape

BART Shooting Protest Becomes Violent

Related Stories

* Family Files Claim In BART Shooting; Officer ID’d
* Shooting Protesters Rally At BART Headquarters
* Home Video Surfaces Of Oakland BART Shooting
* Oak. Attorney: BART Shooting Was Unjustifiable
* Police Fatally Shoot Man At Oakland BART Station
* $25 Million Lawsuit Announced In BART Shooting

An Oakland protest over the fatal shooting of an unarmed man on a train platform by Bay Area Rapid Transit police turned violent Wednesday night, with fires set, cars vandalized, and windows smashed – just hours after the officer who fired the deadly shot resigned.

Police reported at least 15 arrests had been made in the rioting as of late Wednesday night, while Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums urged crowds to calm down.

“Even with our anger and our pain, let’s still address each other with a degree of civility and calmness and not make this tragedy an excuse to engage in violence,” Dellums said. “I don’t want anybody hurt, I don’t want anybody killed.”

Protesters numbering about 400 had gathered at the Fruitvale BART station where the shooting occured for a peaceful rally, and then took the streets of Oakland to condemn the incident and call for criminal charges against 27-year-old BART police officer Johannes Mehserle.

The protesters temporarily shut down three BART stations in Oakland during the evening commute: Fruitvale, Lake Merritt and City Center/12th Street. Then the crowd became violent at 8th and Madison streets, as protesters set a large garbage dumpster on fire and attacked a police car, smashing the back window and attempting to overturn it.

Nearly 250 police officers in riot gear fired tear gas at the rowdy demonstrators, most of whom ran from the scene while a few stayed and threw bottles at officers. Smaller splinter groups of protestors continued their raucus march through the Lake Merritt and downtown areas — setting more fires, vandalizing vehicles and breaking windows at a McDonald’s restaurant at 14th and Jackson streets.

The rioting continued into the late-night hours as police continued moving in to shut down some city streets in the hopes of restoring order.

The uproar surrounded the shooting death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant of Hayward, who was lying face-down on the Fruitvale station platform when he was shot and killed early New Year’s Day by Mehserle — one of several BART officers responding to reports about groups of men fighting on a train.

BART officials said Mehserle was urged to cooperate with a probe into the shooting. Mehserle was scheduled to meet with agency investigators on Wednesday, but did not show up. His attorney and union representative turned in his resignation letter, instead.

John Burris, an Oakland civil rights attorney hired by Grant’s family, said the timing of the resignation was not a surprise to him: “He doesn’t want to give a statement because BART could’ve ordered him to do so, and if he didn’t, he could be terminated.”

Now that he is not employed by BART, Mehserle can exercise his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and not speak to investigators.

Mehserle’s attorney did not immediately respond to calls for comment Wednesday, but BART spokesman Linton Johnson said Mehserle had received death threats since the shooting and has moved twice to ensure his safety.

“This shooting is a tragic event in every respect for everyone involved,” Dorothy Dugger, BART’s General Manager said after announcing Mehserle’s resignation. “We recognize that the family and friends of Oscar Grant are in mourning and we extend our condolences.”

The shooting case was also under investigation by the Alameda County District Attorney’s office.

“Emotions around it are 100 percent understandable, but they can’t determine the decision that is eventually made after an objective analysis,” Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff told CBS 5 after a meeting with some of Oakland’s African-American city leaders.

Orloff said he would not provide a timeline for the investigation by his office, indicating that these types of cases usually take weeks.

“I’ve been telling people in general these things take weeks rather than days, but this is one where there’s a high degree of interest so I’d like to get to a resolution as quickly as I can,” Orloff said.

Grant’s family has filed a $25 million wrongful death claim against BART and also wants prosecutors to file criminal charges against Mehserle.

The shooting incident was captured on video cameras and cell phones by multiple train passengers. Some gave their footage to CBS 5 and other media outlets, and the images have sparked an outcry from the community.

“This is an issue of grave concern in our community,” said Oakland City Councilwoman Desley Brooks, who was among those who met with the D.A. “I’ve not seen anybody handcuffed on their knees begging for their life shot before. I would hope that it would be alarming to anybody who saw that.”

Burris said Wednesday that one of the latest amateur videos of the shooting shows that Mehserle did have a Taser on his left side, but he went for a gun on his right side, instead.

“The video supports the position we are taking and eyewitnesses’ testimony that the officer deliberately went for his gun and there’s no mistake about it,” Burris said. “He didn’t reach across for his Taser. He couldn’t have been thinking about that. He went directly for his gun.”

However, Burris said he’s not optimistic that Orloff will file criminal charges against Mehserle, saying that he doesn’t know of any occasions in which the District Attorney’s office has prosecuted a police officer for killing someone.

So, Burris said he also planned to send a letter to federal civil rights officials asking them to charge Mehserle under federal criminal statutes.

At a City Hall news conference shortly before the protest rally began, Dellums had called Grant’s death “a tragic moment in our community’s history.”

“Our entire community grieves at the loss of Oscar Grant III,” but the mayor added, “while the investigation now under way may shed light on specific details of the shooting, at the end of the day, establishing culpability will not bring back a life tragically lost.”

Earlier in the day, about 700 hundred mourners attended a funeral for Grant, the father of a 4-year-old girl, at Palma Ceia Baptist Church in Hayward.

Sister Donna Smith of the church, said Grant “loved the Bible when he was growing up,” and had the loudest voice in the church choir. The Rev. James Word added, “I thought Oscar was going to be a preacher but God had other plans.”

Word recalled that Grant, who worked as a butcher at an Oakland grocery store, came to his office one day to tell him how happy he was when he became an apprentice meat cutter.

The Rev. Ronald Coleman, who presided at the funeral service, said, “this is something that the world is watching. They wonder if we will start a fight or a civil commotion.”

But Coleman told the audience, “We must respond with prudence. I understand that some of you youngsters are upset, but nonetheless we have to trust in God. This is not your fight.”

But afterward, the hours-long protest that would turn violent began at BART’s Fruitvale station, with rally organizer Evan Shamar proclaiming that Grant “was executed right here while he was hogtied” and vowed “we will not be silent.”

There was a loud cheer when Shamar announced to the crowd that Mehserle had resigned, but added that he “should be prosecuted for second-degree murder.”

“We want him charged in an American courtroom,” Shamar said as the crowd chanted, “No justice, no peace!”

Shamar maintained late Wednesday night that a group of anarchists, who were not part of the organizations hosting the protest rally, were responsible for igniting the violence.



Police brutality

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Police brutality is the intentional use of excessive force, usually physical, but potentially also in the form of verbal attacks and psychological intimidation, by a police officer. It is in some instances triggered by “contempt of cop“, i.e., perceived disrespect towards police officers.

Widespread police brutality exists in many countries, even those that prosecute it.[1] Police brutality is one of several forms of police misconduct, which include false arrest, intimidation, racial profiling, political repression, surveillance abuse, sexual abuse, and police corruption.




Throughout history, efforts to police societies have been marred by brutality to some degree. In the ancient world, policing entities actively cultivated an atmosphere of terror, and abusive treatment was used in order to achieve more efficient control of the population[citation needed].

The origin of modern policing based on the authority of the nation state is commonly traced back to developments in seventeenth and eighteenth century France, with modern police departments being established in most nations by the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries (see Police – History section). Cases of police brutality appear to have been frequent then, with “the routine bludgeoning of citizens by patrolmen armed with nightsticks or blackjacks.”.[2] Large-scale incidents of brutality were associated with labor strikes, such as the Great Railroad Strike of 1877, the Pullman Strike of 1894, the Lawrence textile strike of 1912, the Ludlow massacre of 1914, the Steel strike of 1919, and the Hanapepe massacre of 1924.

March 7 1965: Alabama police attack Selma-to-Montgomery Marchers (Federal Bureau of Investigation photograph)

March 3, 1991: Rodney King beaten by LAPD officers

April 21 2001: Police fire CS gas at protesters during the Quebec City Summit of the Americas. The Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP later concluded the use of tear gas against demonstrators at the summit constituted “excessive and unjustified force.”

United States

In the United States, the passage of the Volstead Act (popularly known as the National Prohibition Act) in 1919 had a long-term negative impact on policing practices. By the mid-1920s, crime was growing dramatically in response to the demand for illegal alcohol. Many law enforcement agencies stepped up the use of unlawful practices. By the time of the Hoover administration (1929–1932), the issue had risen to national concern and a National Committee on Law Observation and Enforcement (popularly known as the Wickersham Commission) was formed to look into the situation.[3] The resulting “Report on Lawlessness in Law Enforcement” (1931) concluded that “[t]he third degree–that is, the use of physical brutality, or other forms of cruelty, to obtain involuntary confessions or admissions–is widespread.”[4] In the years following the report, landmark legal judgements such as Brown v. Mississippi helped cement a legal obligation to respect the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.[5]

During the Vietnam War, anti-war demonstrations were sometimes quelled through the use of billy-clubs and CS gas, commonly known as tear gas. The most notorious of these assaults took place during the August 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. The actions of the police were later described as a “police riot” in the Walker Report to the U.S. National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence.[9]

As was the case with Prohibition during the 1920s and 1930s, the “War on Drugs” initiated by President Richard M. Nixon in 1969 has been marked by increased police misconduct. Critics contend that a “holy war” mentality[10][11] has helped to nurture a “new militarized style of policing” where “confrontation has replaced investigation.”.

In the United States, race and police brutality continue to be closely linked, and the phenomenon has sparked a string of race riots over the years. Especially notable among these incidents was the uprising caused by the arrest and beating of Rodney King on March 3, 1991 by officers of the Los Angeles Police Department. The atmosphere was particularly volatile because the brutality had been videotaped by a bystander and widely broadcast afterwards. When the four law enforcement officers charged with assault and other charges were acquitted, the 1992 Los Angeles Riots broke out.

Numerous human rights observers have raised concerns about increased police brutality in the U.S. in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center. An extensive report prepared for the United Nations Human Rights Committee tabled in 2006 states that in the United States, the “War on Terror” has “created a generalized climate of impunity for law enforcement officers, and contributed to the erosion of what few accountability mechanisms exist for civilian control over law enforcement agencies. As a result, police brutality and abuse persist unabated and undeterred across the country.”[12]



Police beat 62 years old lady


policebrutality.info since 2008



Police shoots a 15 year old mental disabled kid
Labels: article, police violence
A 15-year-old student at Garfield Park, a private school for children with emotional or behavioral disorders, was shot twice after he threatened the police with a pair of scissors. (shot in the stomach and chest, because anybody who has scissors might be a viable threat to police officers who aren’t in striking distance and are armed with guns. – in what guys’ army would that make any sense? – my note)

The incident happened in front of the school. The boy was first threatening some school employees and also some students, before he ran out on the parking lot where he pointed two scissors at a police officer. He was asked to put his weapon down, and a witness said that she heard how they yelled ”put it down, put it down!” before the sound of two gunshots being fired.

She said she went out to see what was going on and there she saw the victim lying on his side clutching his stomach. The officer that shot the boy, William Smith, was not injured. The shooting will be investigated according to the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office. The boy was reported in critical but stable condition at Cooper University Hospital, Camden.

Carol Dunn had a similar incident with the police in New Jersey, where her son was shot by an officer outside a church because he refused to let go of the knife he was holding. “I think police should take every necessary step to save lives. This should be included in their training,” she said. “Are they interested in taking lives or is the state of New Jersey interested in saving lives?”

Related: Police broke hand on 15 years old boy (video)



Prosecutor: Police shooting at Garfield Park Academy in Willingboro was justified
Posted in News on Thursday, August 6th, 2009 at 5:18 pm |

A Willingboro police officer who shot a 15-year-old boy armed with scissors outside the Garfield Park Academy two summers ago was cleared of any wrongdoing, authorities announced today.

The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office and the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice determined that Willingboro Sgt. William Smith was legally justified in his use of deadly force during the June 7, 2007 incident at the private school on Glenolden Lane.

According to investigators, the shooting occurred shortly before 4 p.m. when Smith and several other officers responded to 911 calls from the school reporting an out-of-control student armed with scissors threatening staff in the school office and students in a front hallway.

When the officers arrived, they were confronted inside the lobby by a 15-year-old student brandishing scissors. The officers approached the student and attempted to speak to him, but the teenager refused several commands to drop the scissors.

“When the student continued to behave in an aggressive manner and his actions became threatening toward officers, Sergeant Smith fired two shots, striking the student in the chest and abdomen,” the Prosecutor’s Office reported.

The student, whose name was not released because he is a juvenile, survived after undergoing treatment at Cooper University Hospital in Camden.

The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office investigated the shooting and determined that Smith “fully complied with the Attorney General’s guidelines pertaining to the use of force,” a press release said. The state Division of Criminal Justice reviewed the Prosecutor’s Office findings and concurred, the release said.

Information was not available about whether Smith is still employed as an officer in Willingboro.

The Garfield Park Academy is a nonprofit, kindergarten through 12th grade private school founded in 1993 that specializes in educating students with emotional and behavioral problems. ( and then inviting police to shoot them dead or maim them permanently out on the front lawn because they have scissors and are aggravated and unhappy, isn’t that some special treatment for disabled people with special needs – oh yeah, they’re starting to make the Cold War Soviet Union tactics, Stasi and secret police tactics of Saddam Hussein on the streets of America – but not from terrorists, its happening from our own police and law enforcement officers, with the DA’s office and local politicians backing them – my note)

At the time of the shooting, school officials described the boy as a special-needs student who attended an individualized program at the school in the late afternoon and evenings that was separate from the day classes.



My Note –

“The Garfield Park Academy is a nonprofit, kindergarten through 12th grade private school founded in 1993 that specializes in educating students with emotional and behavioral problems. ”

( and then inviting police to shoot them dead or maim them permanently out on the front lawn because they have scissors and are aggravated and unhappy, isn’t that some special treatment for disabled people with special needs –

oh yeah, they’re starting to make the Cold War Soviet Union tactics, Stasi and secret police tactics of Saddam Hussein on the streets of America – but not from terrorists, its happening from our own police and law enforcement officers, with the DA’s office and local politicians backing them – cricketdiane)


Two White Cops Allegedly Taser Black Wheelchair-Bound Amputee

By News One September 21, 2009 9:47 am



MERCED, Calif. — The Merced Police Department’s Internal Affairs Division is investigating whether an officer twice used a Taser on an unarmed, wheelchair-bound man with no legs.

The man who was Tasered, Gregory Williams, 40, a double-leg amputee, spent six days in jail on suspicion of domestic violence and resisting arrest, but the Merced County District Attorney’s office hasn’t filed any charges.

RELATED: VIDEO: Police Taser And Beat Man In Texas

Williams is black, and the two main arresting officers are white, but it’s unknown whether race played any role in the incident.

Williams, who was released from jail on Friday, said he was manhandled and Tasered by police, even though he said he was never physically aggressive toward the officers and didn’t resist arrest.

Williams said he was humiliated after his pants fell down during the incident. The officers allegedly left him outdoors in broad daylight, handcuffed on the pavement, nude below the waist. Williams said the Sept. 11 arrest also left him with an injured shoulder, limiting his mobility in his wheelchair.

A handful of residents in Williams’ apartment complex said they witnessed the incident and supported Williams’ charges. A short video clip, shot by a neighbor and obtained by the Sun-Star, shows Williams sitting on the pavement with his pants down, his hands cuffed behind his back.

RELATED: Man Dies After Being Tasered In Los Angeles

A Merced police report, written by the responding officers, says that police tried to reason with Williams before the arrest, to no avail. The officers wrote that Williams was uncooperative and refused to turn his 2-year-old daughter over to Merced County Child Protective Services, among other allegations.

Click here to read more.

[SOURCE: McClatchy]


Man Dies After Being Tasered In Los Angeles

By August 27, 2009 4:41 pm



The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says a man has died after a deputy shocked him three times with an electric stun gun at a subway station.

Sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore says the man, who was not immediately identified, was at the North Hollywood Red Line station Wednesday night when a deputy repeatedly asked if he had a ticket.

The man didn’t answer, so the deputy took hold of his hands to stop and question him.

Whitmore says the man broke free, raised clenched fists and charged the deputy several times. He was Tasered, then shocked twice more when he got up and charged again.

Whitmore says a pipe used to smoke drugs fell to the ground during the scuffle.



My Note –

but the man wasn’t killed because he was threatening the officer nor because he didn’t have a two dollar ticket for the subway – he was tasered and killed because the officer didn’t like the fact that the man didn’t answer him when he demanded an answer and assaulted the man who wasn’t doing anything illegal in front of the officer. These types of police actions are a betrayal of public trust, an abuse of authority, purely police brutality and psychotic. And, the criminal behavior is exhibited by that police officer who should be tried as a murderer, since in fact, that he what he is. When it is no longer possible to tell the difference between the violence and abuse and torture and heinous crimes of the police and the “bad guys” – something is very wrong.

– cricketdiane


October 9, 2009, 8:50 am

Astor Case Ends in Verdict of Guilt

morning buzz

The trial of Anthony D. Marshall, the 85-year-old son of the socialite and philanthropist Brooke Astor, was a tale of morality, and the sadness of it was not lost on the jury that on Thursday found him guilty of looting his mother’s estate. Jurors said they had tried to see through the wealth and glamour of the characters in the unfolding drama. And although the amounts of money were at times astounding to ponder, they infused their deliberations with experiences from their own lives.

The guilty verdict has done little to resolve the uncertain fate of the $180 million estate at the heart of the discord. So even as Mr. Marshall awaits sentencing and a possible appeal, another legal showdown looms.

(Also see The Daily News, and its article on Mr. Marshall’s reaction.)



And that’s the moral fiber of this country who has all the money, all the power and the contemporary decision-making opportunities that we all have to endure? This kind of guy and his socialite / political / wealthy cronies form our decision-making bunch who have all the resources at their disposal? No wonder its all screwed up . . .

– cricketdiane, 10-09-09