analytic statistical models, banking, credit default swaps, Cricket Diane C Sparky Phillips, cricketdiane, Economics, Economy, finance, financial derivatives, global crisis, International Concerns, Inventing Solutions For America, Macro-economic analysis 2008, macro-economic future forecasting, Money, Reality-based Analysis, US economic crisis, US Government
About BIS statistics
The BIS international financial statistics are a unique source of information on various elements of the global financial system. They include data on:
- the cross-border lending and borrowing of internationally active banks in key financial centres, including offshore centres (banking statistics)
- issuing activity in international and domestic securities markets (securities statistics)
- operations in over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivatives markets (derivatives statistics)
- effective exchange rate (EER) indices for 52 economies (effective exchange rates)
- operations in the global foreign exchange markets (foreign exchange statistics)
- external debt positions of individual countries based on BIS banking and securities statistics as well as on data from other international organisations (external debt statistics)
- payment and settlement systems in major financial centres (payment statistics)
The International Association of Insurance Supervisors, which operates from the BIS, publishes data on the global reinsurance market.
The Markets Committee covers the recent developments in financial markets, considers possible future trends and exchanges information about the short-run implications of particular current events for the functioning of these markets and central bank operations. It also serves as a forum for central banks to discuss the specifics of their own market operations.
To enhance market transparency and the understanding of central bank actions, the Markets Committee released for the first time information on the monetary policy frameworks and market operations of its members. The information contained in this publication will be updated regularly.
taken from this page on site –